Thursday, April 3, 2008

God is faithful!

Where to begin?! Many years ago (that makes me feel old) Brandon and I both knew God was preparing our hearts to work in the ministry, and at that point we really did not care where, we just wanted to serve. After seeking God for direction God opened a door for Brandon to become the children's pastor at Cornerstone Life Church. Crazy! I know! Who knew that my favorite days would be the days I was able to chill with kids! It is crazy to look at how much has changed from there until now! When we first started the girls had cooties and the boys were just weird! Now, I see them with girlfriends and boyfriends! What is that about! Needless to say it has been one of the best experiences of my life! Good and bad. It has not been perfect, sometimes I felt we were far from perfect, but through those times I could see how God was molding us and making us stronger. The relationships I personally have been able to form are not relationships I take lightly, I always considered us close friends, kids and the adults. I will never forget when I had my bridal shower at the church, it was one of my most favorite days. I never felt more loved by so many people, they would get excited with me over the towels and kitchen gadgets (knowing I don't cook :)). I know me excited about the little things, what? Literally, we were so blessed by everyones giving we had MORE than enough- I still have towels that have not been used! More than that, we have been able to lead others to Christ! I can see how our kids are rooted and know that regardless of the situation they always have a Savior that is there for them just as he was with David, Moses, Paul, etc. How is that not the best thing ever! God has been GREAT to us and has shown His hand over us in more ways than I can express. With all of that said...Brandon and I, for some time, have felt God moving our hearts in a different direction. And let me be the first to say, I am the most stubborn/reluctant/cautious person you will ever meet. Even when I knew in my heart of hearts that we would not be at Cornerstone Life forever, I still was fine in my comfort zone. So when Brandon and I decided to pray and fast about this situation, first and foremost I prayed that God would open my eyes to His will, as well as, letting us be on the same page (very important). Go figure God to answer prayers :) Really, within days God began opening doors left and right for a move to be made. And after A TON of prayer and seeking counsel Brandon and I decided to look into the options, and may I emphasize A TON of prayer! In the past we have had other job offers and for whatever reason, it did not feel right, and really when I say I am cautious, I'm not kidding. There is no way I was leaving without the water splitting :) So when we received an offer to come down and look at a church and really have a care free weekend, we jumped on it. From that weekend on we knew that is where God wanted us to be. We decided to continue to pray and seek counsel and follow up later on. Well after all this came to pass, we (on all ends) decided this was a go. So in the next couple of weeks Brandon and I will pack up our belonging and head south, Gulf Shores to be exact! How crazy! I know! Brandon will become the children's pastor for a great church called Gulfway Assembly. We are sooo excited about the opportunity and yet on the other end sad not to be with the people who have become our family. Brandon and I from the very depths of us could not be more appreciative for everyones trust in us and for the friendships that we have made. Thank you for being there for us, not only in the past couple of months, but for the past 24 years. We are forever grateful!
P.S. Remember, it is the beach! If we find out you have come to Gulf Shores without letting us know, it will be on:)
P.S.S. We are selling our beautiful house so someone please buy it!!! :)

3 comments:

Heather A. Turpening said...

Great first blog girly!! I can't wait to see what's to come!!

Susy-Q said...

Awww! Danielle's moving away!!! I'll miss you horribly. There. I said it.

Great first blog. I love to blog but I never really have time to sit and write what's really on my heart. I can't wait to read more!

jennyhope said...

YAY! I am so excited for you! I am sure it is bittersweet but i cant wait to hear all that God does!! I am so glad u are in blogland and I put a link up on my sidebar hope thats ok.