Monday, May 5, 2008

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.- Apostle Paul

I have so many great things happening in my life right now. I can not wait to share with you how great God has blessed Brandon and I. But, today my heart is hurting and yet thankful. Tomorrow I am going to attend a memorial service for one of the greatest men of God I have ever met. It's hard to even try to put into words for what Dr. Perry did for me. There was never a time I when I left his presence that I was not in encouraged, challenged, and in awe of him. If I could be one ounce of what who he was in his faith, mountains could be moved. Once, I called his home in the middle of the night, to ask for prayer,because one of our kids at the church had a terrible accident and the diagnosis was not good. Dr. Perry and his wife (Suzanne) were so kind to not only pray that night, but to pray continuously for him. I hardly knew him then, but what I did know was that he was the real deal. That has not changed. His legacy will remain not only for all the babies delivered, bodies healed, and hearts touched, but more importantly for who he was in Christ. I can only imagine his sweet face in the presence of our Savior. He will never again suffer. Praise God!
I challenge you today to think of what legacy you are leaving behind now, and what legacy you want to leave behind.

"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you, Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm"
Proverbs 4:25-26

4 comments:

Cultivate Ministries said...

Good word Danielle. You are so right too. I want to leave the kind of legacy that you are talking about here. I can only hope to have such kind things said when I am gone.

Ann Marie said...

Amen sister! :)
He was a great man who a lot of great works, professionally and spiritually, but ALL he did pointed right to CHRIST, not to Paul Perry. I greatly admire him for that too!

Anonymous said...

Danielle,

I was at the service...it ran later than i thought it would and i had to run to my car and back to work when it was over...

it was so hard and great and funny and amazing...i cried so hard when i watched the video of him coming home from the hospital...

he was such an amazing man...

well girlie, sounds like you guys are doing great and please know we are praying for you both!

Rachel Craft Cathey

jennyhope said...

what a sweet sweet post. I loved all of you guys up at obgyn south so much. I am so sad for the loss yet He is with the Lord.

So good girl